Insurance & Fees
Charism Counseling Center is not in-network with any insurance carriers. However, you may be able to receive partial reimbursement for therapy sessions if your policy has out-of-network mental health benefits. A portion of services offered at Charism Counseling Center are covered by most major insurance plans and carriers through out-of-network benefits. Though insurance plans vary, most insured clients are able to receive some reimbursement for outpatient mental health services, ranging from 25% to 60% after deductibles.
We can provide you with a monthly statement or “superbill” which you can use to submit for reimbursement from your insurance carrier. We have a relationship with an organization that can assist you in submitting out-of-network claims to your insurance. You can also submit your superbill for reimbursement through a flexible spending or health savings account. To determine out-of-network eligibility, please contact your insurance provider for specific information about your benefits.
Be sure to ask your insurance provider:
- Do I have coverage for out-of-network mental health services?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session for out-of-network mental health providers?
- What is my deductible? Is it different for out-of-network providers? Has it been met?
- Do I have a co-insurance amount in addition to a deductible?
- Are there any limits to my out-of-network mental health coverage (i.e. number of sessions per month or year, dollar amount, etc.?)
- Do I need prior approval or a written referral to be reimbursed for an out-of-network provider?
- Is telehealth mental health coverage covered?
- How do I submit a claim for reimbursement?
Costs are $235 for an intake session and $210 for each subsequent 55 minute session. Payment is due at the time of service. Clients can pay for services with credit cards, FHA or FSA plans. Clients with out-of-network benefits can submit receipts to their insurance provider for reimbursement. Charism Counseling Center will provide clients with a monthly receipt or “superbill” to help facilitate this process.
Good Faith Estimates
As a client of Charism Counseling Center, you have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate,” which outlines expected costs for mental health care services. Health care providers must explain costs and provide clients, who do not have insurance or who are not utilizing their in network insurance benefits, with an estimate of costs for medical items and services. You may request a Good Faith Estimate from your Charism Counseling Center therapist at the beginning or any phase of therapy. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 800-985-3059.